Re: OT: Thunderbird closing itself when you press the escape key - seems solved by latest win 10 essentials add-on

Jacob Kruger

Really not sure myself, but, definitely seems to have made a slight difference - as in, yes, have had thunderbird close itself like once since after I installed the latest win10 app essentials, but, for example, just tried it out again, and it behaved like it had been up to a point a while ago, before it started consistently just closing thunderbird - as in, it just closed the message window had been reading, but, reverted back to message listing, whereas up until yesterday afternoon, it was pretty much closing thunderbird down every single time I hit escape from either a mail reading window, or the message list itself.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-11-12 7:05 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
Very strange. I have the latest Thunderbird and I have been using it just fine before this latest Win 10 app essentials came out with no problems. Don't see any connection here.

Roger

On 11/11/2016 7:22 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Ok, for whatever reason - thank you, Joseph - and, think this is what has now changed it - after I installed the very latest windows 10 essentials add-on, this issue has gone away.

As in, can now, again, use the escape key to close a message am reading, and, it just reverts back to thunderbird message listing, without closing whole window.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-11-10 6:27 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Has anyone else been having this happening relatively recently?

Think it's either due to a recent update, or, suppose possibly something else, but, when press escape key, to even just close a message that am reading in thunderbird, the main window closes as well.

This is with message pane turned off, so the messages open up in new/separate windows, and, haven't recently installed any new/additional add-ons for thunderbird, but, it's really rather irritiating when you then have to reopen thunderbird, and, find the last message you were reading again.

One work-around is to in fact use alt+F4, or even ctrl+F4/W to close the message windows, but, over the years you get used to a form of standard behaviour, and, then it changes like this...LOL!

Anyway, is there something I am missing, or can someone suggest a way to try fix this - and, yes, know it's not directly NVDA realted, but, just thought would ask here in any case, since don't know where else to ask at moment.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger

Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA