From: "Cearbhall O'Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:37 AM
Subject: [nvda] Text frame Boxes MS Word 2016

Hi,

Re: GitHub REFERENCE: "elements in a word document are not read #5738"

I have a Word document that contains two appendices which are set out as
"Text Boxes" that NVDA calls "Text Frame" when it gets into the BOX. The
only way that I can find to get into the BOX is to find A particular word
that is known to be contained in the box. I see that this is a problem
raised in GitHub and still unassigned. The sample given in the GitHub
reference is a perfect illustration of what I mean and so you can replicate
the problem from there if you wish.

Has anyone found a way to navigate these boxes? I understand that the
difficulty is that they can float and so it is difficult for the screen
reader to lock on to them.

As a matter of interest, I copied the entire document, including the two
appendices, into clipboard in hopes of removing the text frames but the
Windows "cut and paste" also failed to trap the contents of the text boxes!

I had a sighted person do the same on their machine, and they were surprised
to find that the contents of the text boxes, which they could see clearly in
the Word document, failed to paste into their notepad session!

Any thoughts would be more than welcome.

All the best,

Cearbhall