Re: forgot to tell you what audio editer I am using

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] forgot to tell you what audio editer I am using

It's not the fault of the microphone.  The only way to record the microphone and your screen-reader is to find a way to record that mixes both sources together.  What you hear or Stereo Mix has already been suggested but if you are using Windows 7 or higher, and using the internal sound card that came with your computer, you probably don't have such an item and trying to get such an item using your internal sound card involves more experimentation than I believe it is worth.
With external sound cards, my understanding is that such a feature also may or may not be available.

If you are using a new or reasonably new version of Audacity, the program provides for that kind of recording.  I don't know the name of the feature nor how you set it up.  It may be called something like loop back.  But this question should be discussed on the Audacity for Blind users' list.

I don't know the subscribe information for that list.  If it helps you figure it out, the address to send messages to the list is:

The archives are available whether people are members of the list or not.  Do a Google search for loop back audacity or loop back audacity blind and see what information you get.

Someone else may have the subscription information to join the list but that may not be necessary depending on what you find with a search..