Re: A question on outlook 2016

Rosemarie Chavarria

I really like thunderbird too. The only thing I don't know how to do is create message rules or filters with it yet.

tt

On 11/12/2016 9:38 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
I use thunderbird, it works well and has a web interface it hardly crashes.
It uses the firefox/ chrome engine and it just works.
My issue with outlook 2016 is that it will happily lock nvda while viewing the inbox table especially with large messages or for unknown reasons.
Thunderbird just works, but on the other hand its the only client still in development that I can use right now.
If you don't care about security and want to see if it works with you, eudora 7.0 the last comercial version of eudora before it went opensource works a bit of hit and miss with nvda but will work with other things.
Thunderbird works with nvda but I am not sure about others.
I havn't needed to bother with anything else now I use thunderbird.
If you have issues with thunderbird you can try eudora ose, this is not developed anymore in fact its insecure as it uses the 3.x thunderbird engine and stopped development a year after it came on stream.
Thunderbird is like firefox, it could be outlook like but out of the box comes with a callendar app called lightning which you can turn off and mail
You can optionally add everything from add blockers through to search engines, chat services, callendars and the like but its simple out the box.
Add the modules you want.

On 13/11/2016 2:37 p.m., Sam Bushman wrote:
What is the best client for email? I use outlook 2016 currently but would
love better solutions.

Thanks,

Sam