Thanks. It would probably work with straightforward text; I'll try that again.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 15/11/2016 21:37, Gene ha scritto:
I would think that if you change the extension to txt, they will open in Notepad and you should be able to read them untranslated. Braille files are just text files.
*From:* Mallard <mailto:mallard@...>
*Sent:* Tuesday, November 15, 2016 2:31 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* [nvda] Reading .brf books

Hello all,

I have a number of .brf files, not from Bookshare, which I normally read
on a usb pendrive with my Touchme5 braille display.

I'f like to read them on the pc as well, but I have no idea whether
there are any programmes that would open those files, without converting
the mto txt with Wintrans, for example.

Does such software exist?
Thanks, ciao,
Ollie