Hi, Gene,

I did change the setting to ascending and it now works properly.

Rosemarie

On 11/15/2016 6:18 PM, Gene wrote:
I'm not sure if my last message would benefit from clarification.  What I'm saying is that in a case like this, instead of considering more involved solutions, try the other setting first.  You don't know if the designer of the program means the same thing as would be expected and for the design team, descending and ascending may mean the opposite of what you and many others might expect.  So try the simple solutions in these sorts of cases andd then consider more involved ones.  Even if doing something like changing a setting seems not to make sense, as it may not in this case, you might as well try it.

From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] new messages still showing up at the bottom of my list

If one setting doesn't work, try the other.  If that doesn't help, then if you want, you can spend more time fooling around.  But experimentation in cases where it can't do harm is part of being a confident computer user.  Things don't always work as expected for some reason.

Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:49 PM

Hi, everyone,

I have decending order checked in thunderbird but the newer messages are
still going to the bottom instead of on top. I don't know what to do
about this. Would a clean install help?

Rosemarie