Re: Reading .brf books

Devin Prater

Change output braille grade to your language's eight dot version, and BRF files will display just fine.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 12:56 AM Christo Vorster <christo.vorster@...> wrote:
Hi

Yes, but as far as I know, and I might be mistaken, if you can lay your
hands on an Apex Reader it might be possible.

I'm not sure that the name I mentioned is the 100% correct one, all I know
is that it is an upgraded Braille Note.

I honestly hope I'm not leading you on a wrong path.

Regards

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mallard
Sent: Tuesday, 15 November 2016 10:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Reading .brf books

Hello all,

I have a number of .brf files, not from Bookshare, which I normally read on
a usb pendrive with my Touchme5 braille display.

I'f like to read them on the pc as well, but I have no idea whether there
are any programmes that would open those files, without converting the mto
txt with Wintrans, for example.

Does such software exist?
Thanks, ciao,
Ollie