Re: strange thing happening in thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi again, Jim,

I think Gene does have the right idea. That's weird that descending takes the newer messages to tetop on your windows 7 mechine but ascending does the same thing on your windows 10 computer. This is a brand-new windows 10 computer that I got recently.

I tried the mail ap too and it's not totally accessible yet. I may end up switching to seamonkey.

Rosemarie

On 11/16/2016 5:02 AM, The Gamages wrote:
Hello again rosemary,

Having checked on two different installations of Thunderbird on my two
computers, I notice that the older one on my W7 computer is set to
descending and the one on the W10 computer is set to ascending. both
show the messages as the newest at the top. So I reckon that Gene has
the right idea, if one doesn't work, try the other. It seems that the
two terms , [ascending and descending], are open to interpretation, I
find Thunderbird a bit strange in some respects, for instance, I have
set it to let me download messages, but it still does so automatically
at start up, maybe the program is a little unstable in general? I may
get sighted help to determine whether settings are working from the
keyboard.
I prefer Live mail on my W7 computer and hope that the mail app for "10
will become a little more screen reader friendly, but I'm not holding my
breath.

Best Regards, Jim.