Re: Need to advise a sitghted person

Felix G.

Hello,
in Firefox, under Preferences / Advanced / General tab, there is an accessibility section. One of the check boxes it provides allows text highlighting with the keyboard. That may be what your friend is looking for.
I also often run into those situations where sighted people marvel at the efficiency of using a screen reader. A close friend of mine sometimes even turns on NVDA without speech to get the link list and the full text search, and I have known at least one sighted person who likes to have text read to her by Espeak.
Surreal but true.
Kind regards,
Felix

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> schrieb am Fr., 18. Nov. 2016 um 17:30 Uhr:

If the website(s) in question can be shared I'd love to take a look at them.

As Travis has noted, there are ways to prevent copy and paste of all sorts of things on webpages, but for something like a web address to another web page I've not seen that done.  It could be a part of some other protected object that a sighted user is intentionally prevented from copying.

Going from the abstract to the actual is the only way I know of to determine what's actually happening for you that somehow isn't happening for your colleagues.  A simple copy and paste of URLs/web addresses should always work as far as if you can copy and paste them into an e-mail or document others should be able to follow those to their respective destinations.

    ~ Lauren Bacall