Sadly there doesn't seem to be any address box view where things will just work.
I really wish it wouldn't convert to listbox mode because well its just bad.
If there was something that would revert the address box to what it was then that would be fine.

On 18/11/2016 4:40 p.m., Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,
My Firefox just updated to version 50 and I am not having any of the problematic issues that others have reported.
--However,
I am still using NVDA v16.1-- have not upgraded yet to the newer versions of NVDA.
After reading one list member's comments saying that NVDA v16.4 will likely work fine with the latest Firefox, I plan to wait for this one to come out before upgrading this year.

Thanks everyone, for what you've shared.
LM

On Thu, 11/17/16, Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu> wrote:

Subject: Re: [nvda] The New Firefox version
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Thursday, November 17, 2016, 12:36 PM

Firefox is indeed getting worse and
worse. I'm looking into abandoning
it altogether, and would already have done so, if it weren't
for
Webvisum, which I need fairly frequently.

Rumola never worked for me, so I'm stuck for now... Until
further
developments.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 17/11/2016 18:18, Brian's Mail list account ha scritto:
> Apart from a few issues version 48 will work on all
windows from xp up.
> Sadly things started to go bad on 49 amd seemingly
continue to get
> worse after that.
> Brian
>
> bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@blueyonder.co.uk,
putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Arlene" <nedster66@gmail.com>

[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io]
On Behalf Of
>> Shaun
>> Everiss
>> Sent: November-16-16 9:29 AM
>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [nvda] The New Firefox version
>>
>> It seems to only happen if I edit the end of an
address bar.
>> Right now I have selected the end of the bar in the
case of twitter
>> names
>> and then hit delete and that works well enough.
>> However if you screw a site up you have to kill
what you spelt and
>> hmm well
>> hit an arrow to get focus.
>> On the subject of sluggishness I used classic theme
restorer to hide the
>> toolbars for navigation and remove all colours on
toolbars, this
>> seemed to
>> speed things up a little bit.
>> I also have changed a lot of the newer modern
windows to older
>> windows as
>> well as a few extra dom related things with that
program.
>> Firefox is as fast as it ever was, but its a
disturbing trend that stuff
>> like this is happening, I am still using it but to
be honest if
>> security was
>> not a major issue I'd drop back a version and
either never update or
>> drop
>> back to 3x which works however I like to stay as
updated as i can for
>> security reasons.
>>

>> On 16/11/2016 11:04 p.m., Gene wrote:
>>> I didn't save earlier messages about Firefox so
I'm answering in a new
>> thread. I just downloaded and tried the new
version and this problem
>> appears to be very easily worked around. If
you delete a letter or more
>> than one in the address bar, simply right arrow
once then start
>> moving left
>> again and, at least in my tests, things are read
properly. While this
>> problem should be corrected, this appears to
resolve the problem.

.