Re: Anti Virus

Well to be honest if I ever upgrade from msse, I will either take sophos for their home 10 pc cloud protection and lowish prices.
Or vipre for their expensive 50 dollar unlimited lifetime protection licence.
I am not sure what way I want to go to be honest.
Cloud is nice while online, a lot of less stress on my system.
Also if I have a false positive and exclude it, its probably going to sync with my cloud account so hmmm will it matter that much.
On the other hand, who knows.

On 20/11/2016 5:14 a.m., William Sallander wrote:
I am currently using Vipre Internet Security; there are at least three
different flavors for home users.

I find it to be quite accessible and as far as I saw from reviews, it
was better then Defender.

Yes it is true that Windows Defender is very accessible, but when it
comes to updates, you need to play with the task scheduler within Windows.

As far as protection, it's just enough to keep you out of trouble on a
temperary basis, but as it stands now, I wouldn't make it the daily
driver. There has been some slight improvements so stay tuned.

On 11/19/2016 11:00 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I've been using Windows Defender. Only caution I'd give is to do a
manual check for updates several times a day as their virus database
is updated several times a day but the program will only check itself
once when you start the computer. This is probably why it seems to
have a bad reputation. They need to fix this so it will check by
itself every couple of hours.

Roger

On 11/18/2016 10:53 PM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
Using Windows10 Pro on 64 bit machine.

Tried a number of these: AVG, Avast, Mcaffee and others.

I have had problems with all including installation, preferences,
accessing menus etc.

Is there such a beast which allows NVDA to access during
installation, preferences and response to virus alerts? I'm not
really interested in any freeware though I don't want to pay the earth.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Andrea

.