Re: Anti Virus

Gene

History is nothing more than a record of sites you have visited.  There is no reason to clean history unless you don't want people to know what sites you have visited.  Malware doesn't care what sites you have visited.  you can set the browser not to store pass words.  You can let cookies store them or use some sort of password manager to store them that encrypts them.  History may be useful if you visit a site and later want to eaasily go back to it when you haven't book marked it .  Also if you are worried about malware seeing your history, which is of no use to it, you should worry about your book marks as well.  Malware doesn't care about your book marks either.  If, of course, you don't want people to know where you have been, like if you are cheating on your wife and don't want her to find dating sites in your history, you would want not to keep your history.

From: Arlene
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2016 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anti Virus

Also, if you visit sites. Even if you have IE or firefox or edge clean out the history. You may have to manually get rid of history.  Even though you have your virus scan up to date always clean your hystery.  I have my computer not remember passwords even though it asks.  If you are on sites you login always log out.  Sites like drop box or others.  Someone in the xp days told me to always log out and I always do it.