Re: Anti Virus

Arlene

Oh good. Those things are a parasite.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: November-19-16 10:42 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anti Virus

Hi, Gene,

I asked my neighbor for proof of her computer being destroyed but she couldn't give me an answer. I had a trojan on my old computer but it didn't totally destroy it. I was able to get rid of the trojan.

Rosemarie

On 11/19/2016 10:37 AM, Gene wrote:

I don't know if any malware can physically damage a computer.  Most malware doesn't.  it may do all sorts of things you don't want it to do but physically destroying your computer is the least of the worries associated with malware.  I don't know anything about your neighbor's knowledge of computers but a high degree of skepticism should be maintained regarding what people tell you unless they have proven records of knowledge and reliability.  There is an enormous amount of misinformation constantly being circulated regarding computers and related matters.

Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2016 12:28 PM

Hi, Arleen,

I try to be very careful about what sites I visit. My next-door neighbor told me that one time she had a virus and it totally destroyed her computer. I don't know how she got it but she had to end up getting a brand-new computer.

Rosemarie

On 11/19/2016 10:15 AM, Arlene wrote:

Also, if you visit sites. Even if you have IE or firefox or edge clean out the history. You may have to manually get rid of history.  Even though you have your virus scan up to date always clean your hystery.  I have my computer not remember passwords even though it asks.  If you are on sites you login always log out.  Sites like drop box or others.  Someone in the xp days told me to always log out and I always do it.