Re: Need to advise a sitghted person

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 01:41 am, Shaun Everiss wrote:
well on radio one of the blind djs I listen to says one of his uncles who is a truck driver or something likes to run jaws to read him his stuff so he can read the news paper while he drives his truck.

As a tangent on this, I also know people who prefer screen readers rather than, say, books on tape (or similar) because even the best of the new voices don't put the kind of inflections on narrative that attempts to project what they think it means or how they interpret it.    It allows someone to use their own imagination as far as how a character might be uttering a given phrase instead of having that already assigned by the human reader.

I can see how this has a certain appeal to it.

    ~ Lauren Bacall