Re: Anti Virus

enes sarıbaş

hi,

The antivirus I use, avira, has an automatic task to check for updates every 2 hours.

On 11/19/2016 8:48 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 08:00 am, Roger Stewart wrote:
Only caution I'd give is to do a manual check for updates several times a day as their virus database is updated several times a day but the program will only check itself once when you start the computer.

 I have not found this to be the case under Windows 10.  If you open Windows Defender you can see when the last virus definition update has taken place, and that's often very recent even when I've had my machine up and running for days.

This also wasn't the case, at least if I'm recalling correctly, under Windows 8.1 either.  It would make absolutely no sense for any modern antivirus program, and Windows Defender is one, to not auto-update its own definitions and, in fact, itself as new releases are released.

    ~ Lauren Bacall