Re: Anti Virus

Well I did have one on a server once, I was able to kill it easily enough, it did do a lot of system dammage and needed me to fix it but it wasn't dead.
Its likely they took it back to a shop and they were tricked into replacing it or something.

On 20/11/2016 7:42 a.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, Gene,

I asked my neighbor for proof of her computer being destroyed but she
couldn't give me an answer. I had a trojan on my old computer but it
didn't totally destroy it. I was able to get rid of the trojan.

Rosemarie

On 11/19/2016 10:37 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know if any malware can physically damage a computer. Most
malware doesn't. it may do all sorts of things you don't want it to
do but physically destroying your computer is the least of the worries
associated with malware. I don't know anything about your neighbor's
knowledge of computers but a high degree of skepticism should be
maintained regarding what people tell you unless they have proven
records of knowledge and reliability. There is an enormous amount of
misinformation constantly being circulated regarding computers and
related matters.