Re: Anti Virus

Roger Stewart

Watch out for messages saying Delivery Status and delayed or failure. I've been getting these for the past 5 days and they aren't related in any way to any messages I've sent as they've all gotten through and I see them on these lists or the person I sent them to has replied. These must be some kind of scam or contain malware. I just delete them without opening them at all.

Roger

On 11/19/2016 4:26 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
So how come we still keep seeing so many emails with Javascript (often ZIPped)
attachments, which would try to install cryptolocker-style malware onto our
machines?

If it's an "almost guaranteed failure", then the spammers / malware-spreaders
would have moved on to something else by now - after all, they only do what
they get a benefit from.

Antony.

On Saturday 19 Nov 2016 at 22:12, Brian Vogel wrote:

Trying to spread something by e-mail attachment is an almost guaranteed
failure.