Re: Focus issue when opening MS Word

Pranav Lal

Hi Jacques,

I wish I knew what it was about my system which is causing the problem. I have posted a log dump and I hope someone will tell me what is failing.

Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jacques
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 5:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Focus issue when opening MS Word

Hi Pranav

Interesting, it would seem that system specific factors may have an influence on this behaviour. Occasionally Word opens just fine here without me having to force focus. I'm running Office 365 on my home systems, but have seen the same behaviour on my work laptop where Office
2013 is installed. I also get this in Excel, but once again, only occasionally. I do not experience this focus issue with any other applications though.

Jacques

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 12:30, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi Jacques,

No go. I tried hitting the alt key after switching to winword but pressing the alt key several times in quick succession did nothing.

Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Jacques
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 11:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Focus issue when opening MS Word

I think it was Pranav Lal who recently posted about a focus issue when opening MS Word. I also experience this occasionally. The window title reports "winword" and the NVDA hot key, NVDA+control+F1 confirms that "winword.exe" is the active application. I believe this issue will be looked into by the devs in due course, but in the interim I find that pressing and releasing the alt key in quick succession forces focus to the opened document.

HTH

--
Jacques

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.