Re: mouse movement

Gene

I don't have your original message any longer but here are my answers based on my recollection of the questions.

First, there is a Windows command to move to the system tray.  It is Windows key b.  Insert b is an NVDA command that reads the currently active Window.

But if you want to use something that is almost identical to the JAWS system tray dialog, there is an NVDA add on you can get that does this.  The command to open the system tray dialog when you use the add on is the same as in JAWS, insert f11.  You can use either insert.  Once opened, select an item in the list and tab around the dialog to see how things are organized and what short cut commands do what.  For example, you will hear that right click is alt r.

As far as mouse movement is concerned, you may want to try using the golden cursor add on.  I haven't done so and I would very strongly urge you to learn NVDA screen review commands before deciding what you want to do about the golden Cursor add on.  When you know how to move around using screen review commands, you can move the mouse to the current place you are at when using screen review by issuing the command numpad insert numpad slash.  That is, hold the numpad insert and while doing so, press numpad slash.  It's the key to the right of the numpad.  If you then want to click the mouse, press numpad slash by itself.

I am giving desktop keyboard layout commands for mouse commands.  I don't use the laptop layout and I don't know those commands.

I would suggest that you listen to at least part of a good tutorial on NVdA, particularly topics dealing with screen review.  you may save yourself time, trouble, and frustration if you learn in an organized manner.

I'll let other list members discuss tutorials.  Joseph Lee created a very good one.  If no one else gives the link, I'll look it up and give it.  Other list members may discuss other tutorials.

If you don't learn well with tutorials but you do with material in the form of a manual, you may want to learn from the user guide.  But in my experience, most computer users much prefer tutorials so that's what I'm discussing in this message.