Re: NVDA and repeating clickible

Gene

I don't think the clickable announcement can be turned off.  I would submit that this should be able to be turned off, just as other notifications can be in document formatting.  Recently, I was taking a quiz and the answers were clickable items, and not links.  It was maddening to hear item after item with clickable repeated time after time after time.  Since most words in the quiz responses were clickable, clickable was spoken before almost every word in the responses.  While I don't think clickable should be turned off most of the time, we should have the choice to silence it when desired.

Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 12:11 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and repeating clickible

Hello everyone:

I've been using NVDA along with Google Chrome and Firefox. Everything
seems to work just fine except for one annoying issue.

When I'm in browse mode, I will arrow down through the page and as I go
through, NVDA keeps repeating the word "clickable". I'm pretty sure why
it might do it, but I'm wondering if there is a way to tone it down.

I'd like to see if this can be fixed because it takes a while to find
out what link I'm currently on and slows me down some what.

Any suggestions?