Re: third party rss readers

Gene

You may see things in order in the feeds you monitor.  I have only used the reader on New York Times feeds and they are not in order.  This same problem is what is being complained about in the message you are responding to.  perhaps the reader looks for a certain format when determining how to organize feeds.  If so, and if The New York Times doesn't follow this format, its fair to assume that many other feeds don't follow it either.  therefore, it may well be that many feeds aren't presented in proper order, though some or many others may be.  But this appears to be a serious problem concerning this reader.

Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] third party rss readers

I am not sure what the issue is as you describe it but I may just not understand.
As I say when I open RSS Newsreader I cursor down to the feed I want to look at. I then hit Control R, this then automatically opens up a list of updated articles arranged chronologically with the newest article at the top of the list.  My experience is that there is no delay in opening the feed using this method. The number of articles displayed appeared  to vary according to the feed properties. Sometimes the latest 10 are shown whilst with other feeds more articles are loaded.
The Player does not automatically refresh but then as you in effect manually refress every time you look at a feed this does not in practice matter at all.

By the way the address for the webbie suite is, I am fairly sure
www.webbie.org.uk

David Griffith

David Griffithit
On 21/11/2016 03:26, Christopher Bartlett wrote:
In an ideal world for me, the feed would simply show me all new articles in chronological order, rather than my having to check each feed individually.  When last I tried the accessible rss client, I couldn't do this.

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 8:43 PM, slery <slerythema@...> wrote:

Okay, I remember you gave information on this Webbie suite but I can’t find it at the moment. I have been looking for a good replacement for both (one to do both or one for each) text/article feeds and podcasts. My paid for Qfeed just crashed yesterday and I can’t get it back.

Also, I am currently using gpodder for my audio and video podcasts but it is not accessible with NVDA so I have to use it with vision.

My main concerns for rss aggregators is that I can hide individual episodes that have been read/played and only show new episodes/articles.

Cindy