downloading a file using NVDA

Don H

So I go to the addon's web site and pick the addon I want to download. I find a button for downloading the stable version of the addon. I hit enter on the download button and nothing seems to happen. With Window Eyes when you do the same you are given a status bar that you read with alt n and it gives you the option of open or save and with a selection of save the download begins. Then when the download is complete you are given several options whether to open the file and such.
So with NVDA what are the exact steps to download from a web page?
Thanks