Charts and Microsoft Excel 2016

Jeffrey Shockley

Hello,

I am using Excel 2016 for a class I am taking this semester, and one of the workbooks we are using has a pie chart in it.

Does NVDA support reading these kinds of charts? If so, what needs to be done to enable the reading of them?

Also what types of charts, if any, does NVDA support the display of so that I can read the data contained in them?

I tried bringing up the elements list, and all I get is the spell check dialog box.

I cannot bring up browse mode either, pressing NVDA+Space does nothing.

This seems to only happen when charts are visible.

I am using the latest next snapshot of NVDA if this makes a difference. If this works correctly in the official version, please let me know, and I'll switch back. I am hoping I do not have to resort to using another screen reader to complete this work.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide in this matter.

Jeffrey Shockley