Re: Charts and Microsoft Excel 2016

Jeffrey Shockley

Hello,

I am not sure. How would I go about accessing the table that the chart was created from in the workbook? I don't remember how. It's been probably 7 years or so since I've used charts in Excel.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

On 11/28/2016 10:45 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
Is the data *only* represented in the pie chart itself?

Normally the chart would be created by Excel from some table which contains
the numbers to be converted into "pie slices".

It would be simpler to read the numbers from the table instead of interacting
with the chart, I think.

Antony.

On Monday 28 November 2016 at 16:37:16, Jeffrey Shockley wrote:

Hello,

I am using Excel 2016 for a class I am taking this semester, and one of
the workbooks we are using has a pie chart in it.

Does NVDA support reading these kinds of charts? If so, what needs to be
done to enable the reading of them?

Also what types of charts, if any, does NVDA support the display of so
that I can read the data contained in them?

I tried bringing up the elements list, and all I get is the spell check
dialog box.

I cannot bring up browse mode either, pressing NVDA+Space does nothing.

This seems to only happen when charts are visible.

I am using the latest next snapshot of NVDA if this makes a difference.
If this works correctly in the official version, please let me know, and
I'll switch back. I am hoping I do not have to resort to using another
screen reader to complete this work.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide in this matter.

Jeffrey Shockley