Re: Accessible battery Management Programs

Bhavya shah

Hi Travis,
Yes, I have checked out the battery related configuration settings
present in Windows's own Control Panel, was just wondering if there
were more advanced and feature-rich programs that could perhaps
provide perhaps a slight battery life extension. I was looking mostly
at utilities similar to third-party battery saving apps that one uses
on Smartphones, for laptops.
Thanks.

On 12/1/16, Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:
I'm not sure what kinds of management you'd want to do, since generally,
most things you can do to the laptop are configurable from the windows
control panel under screen saver (or something similar). Generally,
there's battery status in the system tray, though if you specifically
need a program to show you battery status, I have one I wrote years ago
because it wasn't convenient for me to keep going to the system tray
just to check my battery status, this program just pops up, shows me my
charge, and time left (I think, it's been a while since I've had a
windows laptop), then allows me to exit and go back to what I was
doing. Unless a utility came with your laptop though, it's probably not
a good idea to try to mess around with any other battery settings, since
that has a tendency to break things, and I don't know any programs that
do that anyway, though I'm sure there are some out there, especially for
these smart batteries they have these days.

Anyway, if the windows sleep/screen saver screens don't give you the
control you want, I don't have any suggestions on what else to try.

On 11/30/2016 1:35 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
I was wondering if there exist battery management, optimization and
saving utilities for PCs. If so, could you folks recommend an
accessible and free software of that sort?
I would appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.

--
Best Regards