Re: NVDA preferred browser

Rosemarie Chavarria

I'm talking about images that you see on some web pages. I don't use webbie that much because I do know how to navigate most web pages.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA preferred browser

If you know how to navigate web pages effectively, what you are discussing isn't a problem.  I don't know what you are referring to.  You see links and various fields in Webbie as you do in other browsers.  I don't know how Webbie describes image links but image links often contain useful information even if they aren't labeled properly.  I don't know what you are describing as graphical.  Aside from image links and at times, this or that image I may see on screen, I do not see graphical clutter.

Further discussion might allow us to know what you are describing but at present, I don't know.

I don't know what the newer version of Webbie is like.  The old version used a very different interface than is now standard in screen-readers when used with browsers.

Webbie used to have a useful place before a capable free screen-reader was available.  Before NVDA, free screen-readers were very limited and couldn't work with standard browsers.  But those days are long gone.

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:41 PM

Hi, Quentin,

The nice thing about the webbie browser is that it takes the extra clutter from a site that has graphics. I mainly use internet explorer but I have used firefox or the webbie browser on occasion.

Rosemarie