Re: NVDA 2016.4rc1 released

Don H

Yes. Hard to provide examples as they are inside my banking accounts. Of four banking sites two say stars for each char and two voice the characters being typed. I actually like the characters to be spoken but just wanted to report a change as I was told earlier that there was no way within NVDA to voice the characters in protected Edit boxes.

On 12/2/2016 9:12 AM, Andre Fisher wrote:
Are you sure these are protected edit fields that are reporting the
characters? Could you provide an example? I will submit the ticket if
the issue is truly valid.

On 12/2/16, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
In my case I am saying that on some password edit boxes now with RC1 in
some cases only stars are voiced when typing and on some all the actual
characters are being voiced.

On 12/2/2016 8:26 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
when i type one farsi password, nvda says the first letter of farsi
language and about other characters it says star.
i tested this in nvda 16.3 and did not try 16.4 by the way!

On 12/2/16, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
How do you report possible bugs with this release? One possible bug is
that the voicing of the star when typing into a password edit box is now
inconsistent. Before the instill of RC1 any typing in a password edit
box would voice star for each character typed. Now I tried it on five
different sites where a password is required and it said star on some of
them and said the actual characters on some of them.