Re: regression with adobe flash

hi.
i recommend you not to use java and flash for there security problems.
i never dont install and use them and i did not see any problem for this.

On 12/3/16, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@hotmail.com> wrote:
I think OP wants an answer to their problem. I will try this with Chrome
later, and I apologise for hijacking the thread.

OP is having an issue I had previously that was fixed by "Kill Windowless
Flash", which was a useful script but no longer seems to be working with
current Firefox. NVDA doesn't let you into certain embedded objects if you
don't have this script, instead saying "Embedded Object Unavailable." Is
there a fix for this that doesn't involve the apparently defunct "Kill
Windowless Flash" Greasemonkey script?

On 3/12/2016 4:41 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:

hi,

let me clerify a point. Flash isn't crashing. Rather, nvda is failing to
access the object. A situation directly the fault of nvda.

On 12/3/2016 7:42 AM, Gene wrote:
Proof of what? I think it's likely that Flash would run properly in Chrome
on the machine. I won't have proof unless it is tried. We don't know if
Flash is crashing because Flash is crashing or if Flash is crashing because
of some sort of problem when it is run with Firefox. Chrome isn't perfectly
accessible but it is reasonably so and should serve quite well when used on
sites with flash. Chrome has quirks when working with settings and I'm not
sure if it reads all structures on web pages as well as Firefox but when
used on web pages, it is nearly as accessible, if not as accessible, as
Chrome. And for this very limited use, there may be no need to work with
settings.

Of course, working on why flash is crashing with the browser currently being
used could be investigated on a technical list of blind users or on a site
like Bleeping Computer. It would probably be faster and easier to just try
Chrome.

Gene