Re: Windows trouble

Gene

This is very speculative and you haven't even asked about other behaviors to try to isolate the problem.  Why do you attribute problems to complex causes like this without further investigation?  We don't know if other commands work such as n for skip links.  We don't know if web pages can be read properly.  We don't know if streams play properly.  There has not been any determination as to how fast a file downloads.

There is some problem but is it a screen-reader problem or a browser problem, or  as you speculate, a network problem?

Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows trouble

sometimes I have to tab to focus the page, firefox and thunderbird
lately don't reset navigation to the right places.
I find myself using control home, tab etc.
Sometimes things just don't work and I have to refresh several times.
It could be a conjested connection, in the afternoon my wireless gets
like that.
In the morning its ok.
If its like this all the time, I suggest you 1.   turn off your router
and any other devices and then restart the router, wait 5 minutes, and
turn on extenders etc again.
Restart all systems.
Could be a virus I guess.
Anyway ring your isp and ask for a account reset and service refresh
because of issues connecting to the net.
If this does does not work they will probably do a reformat on your
exchange point this shouldn't take that long.
Next, have another phone with you and either call them back or have them
call you, you want a linetest.
Usually there maybe a problem with a device, if it is a device, a filter
is usually an issue or its a failing cordless.
Next, they may ask for an isolation test.
pull out all phone jacks from the wall.
if they find an issue and its their problem ie up to your house but not
into it they will fix it free of charge usually.
If its inside it could cost you up to 120 bucks to get the call out.
If you often have issues like this, its usually 3 bucks a month, round
100 a year at least here in new zealand for wirepoint to point insurance.
This extends the coverage of the technitions from the street to your
actual internal jackpoints and wiring your devices are still your
problem but those repairs could include connecters like filters and
adaptors for phones.
With fibre there are different issues but we won't go there.
If you have a noise on your line it may need repairing to.
Get wifiinfoview from nirsoft and find a channel that works with 1
network on or 2 and just switch your wireless router to that, you may
need help with this.
Over that check you don't have any broken cables.
On the pc side as well as a full malware and virus scan, I'd run a disk
check and full defrag and clear all the junk files and stuff you don't
need starting.
But this is firmly a network issue as I have had many in  my time.
Most of them have been broken componants.
As well as this your isp may switch your exchange channel over and with
my bad line that did help a bit.