Re: NVDA find function

Andre Fisher

Also, this command only works in Browse mode. Again, if you are in
Focus mode, you will trigger the app specific find command.

On 12/3/16, Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@gmail.com> wrote:
When stuff like this happens, instead of just complaining, you should
provide a use case. This doesn't happen for me. This may be due to you
not properly holding the NVDA key, which results in the native
Control+F key press. If you don't hear: Type the text you wish to find
edit, then that means the app specific find command was executed.

On 12/3/16, Don H <lmddh50@comcast.net> wrote:
Running Win 10 and use IE, Firefox and Google Chrome as my browsers. I
find the NVDA find function very inconsistent with regards to finding
things on web pages. I invoke the find command with NVDA key control f
and type in my search term. On some occasions it finds and moves to the
search term and other times after pressing enter after entering the term
I want to search for it does nothing as if I did not press enter at all.
Works the poorest with IE but doesn't do a lot better on Firefox and
Chrome.