Re: Firefox Browse & Focus Mode

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sakina,

"Basic Training for NVDA" is one of the official training modules from NV Acces.  Each of the 14 sections is broken up into a number of topics, and each topic has information about the specific feature, and then an activity which walks you through using that feature.  At the end of each section is a review activity which gets you to use the skills learnt in that section with less prompting.  This is a good chance to ensure that you are comfortable with what was covered and go back if needed.

The section on using the web for instance, contains the following topics:

10 Browsing the Web
10.1 Opening Internet Explorer
10.2 Web Pages
10.3 Browse Mode Document Reading Keys
10.4 Heading Navigation
10.5 Web Page Links
10.6 Single Letter Navigation
10.7 The Browse Mode Elements List
10.8 More on the Elements List
10.9 Searching for Text
10.10 Tables
10.11 Browse Mode Containers
10.12 Filling in Forms
10.13 Reading Search Results
10.14 Form Navigation Keys
10.15 Check Boxes and Radio Buttons
10.16 Manually Activating Focus Mode
10.17 Browsing the Web Review

It is available in Braille or electronic text, with audio due out shortly: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Sakina <sakina.gable@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin,

In the below help email you mention

there are several topics on this in the Basic Training module for anyone wanting a bit more practice or info).

Please can you give me more info or guidance as I am just a beginner and would appreciate any help.

Thank you to  all who help one another.

With many regards to all

Sakina