Re: Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and the next RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

hi.
potplayer is a very long time thats completely accessible!
whats the different between my link and yours?
i did not test the second link but the first link which i always use,
is the website of the programmers and owners of the softwares.
potplayer preference was not accessible in its old versions via keyboard.
but now, its accessibility is realy great and even now, they put one
option for accessibility!

On 12/5/16, Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:
Quentin, HYG:

https://potplayer.daum.net/

But, gave it a quick test run, and, my guess is that it doesn't offer
much in t4erms of accessibility, etc. - no menu suystems that could
activate using alt + key combo's, etc., so not sure it would be
something I would want to work with as such.

stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-12-05 10:20, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Nasrin,

Is Potplayer freely available? If so, do you have a URL please and I
will download and test it myself as well.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 5:48 PM, nasrin khaksar
<nasrinkhaksar3@... <mailto:nasrinkhaksar3@...>> wrote:

hi quentin.
i decided to stay on 2015.3 for always because in the latest versions
nvda has problems with potplayer and when i press alt+f4 nvda when i
press start menu says unknown and its a big issue for me.
because i only use potplayer and when i open files, most of times, i
should use alt+control+n to revert nvda to its normal working.
15.3 until 16.2 were more stable for me.
but since 16.2 and 3, sometimes nvda says nothing or becomes
completely silent.
in this case, i afraid of maybe my system is hacked or my windows has
problems or not working properly.

github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues.6513its
<http://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues.6513its> for potplayer and
some others
players and for the problem in espeak new version with farsi
punctuations
github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6514
<http://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6514>

but i realy love the new features of nvda including selection of
documents and impprovements in using firefox and now, i use 16.3
could you please solve the problem which i mentioned in 16.4 to use
it
without any issues?
thanks extremely quentin.
do you have skype account for further details and contact about
different subjects?

On 12/5/16, Gene <gsasner@... <mailto:gsasner@...>>
wrote:
> I mainly use an old version because I don't use new NVDA
features, as I said
> before. But also, I prefer the old way of using what was called
Flat
> Review. I prefer always being in screen review when I activate
review mode
> in the old version and the automatic return to object navigation
when I
> switch to another window. I could get used to the new system
but since I
> don't need to, I don't bother.
>
> Also, I don't think there is any way to import the speech
dictionaries other
> then to actually copy and paste the files. I could do that
easily enough
> but I don't since I have no need. But I am reminded of
something regarding
> the dictionaries. I think there should be an export and an import
> dictionaries item in the dictionary interface itself.
>
> Gene

RC) versions

<@britechguy <mailto:@britechguy>> wrote:

> The subject pretty much asks it all.
>
> In topic after topic I see people saying that they're using
old, often
> really old, versions of NVDA. That is entirely their choice,
and I'm not
> questioning that.
>
> What I'd like to know is how many versions, if any, other than
the latest
> stable release and the RC releases, are "officially" supported
by NVAccess.

> Knowing how much change occurs as releases roll out over time
I know it's
> impossible to keep supporting prior releases in perpetuity or
anything close
> to it. I also know that it generally makes no sense to try to
replicate a
> bug in a release different than the one it's been detected in
except as an
> effort to determine if it is a "carry forward" that was previously
> undetected versus newly introduced.
>
> It's almost impossible to know "what's what" unless
individuals using NVDA
> are all using the latest stable version so far as issue
reporting goes.
> That's why, particularly for open-source software, I make it a
habit to
> religiously upgrade to the latest release whether I need the
latest "bells
> and whistles" or not. Unless there is some really buggy release
(and I'm
> talking generally, not NVDA in particular) it just makes
everyone's lives

<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
> Twitter: @NVAccess

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.