Re: Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and the next RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

Gene

There are other players that I would think are as good or better than Potplayer.  Winamp, though it hasn't been upgraded by the developers for quite some time, is still a very convenient player to use.  VCL Player is liked by a lot of people.  I've hardly used it but a lot of blind people like it.  there are others as well.

When using software, if something doesn't work well or is not properly accessible, no matter how much sighted people rave about it, there are often as good or almost as good or better programs that are used by blind people that do the same things or more things better.  Sighted people may think PotPlayer is wonderful.  I doubt it is any better than some other players available that are popular among blind people.  In cases where a program isn't satisfactory, asking for alternatives is a very good idea.  I suspect the reason I haven't heard of PotPlayer until now is because it is very unsatisfactory from a blind access point of view.

Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 2:57 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and the next RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

quentin,
thanks extremely for your kindness and help!
as i mentioned in the github, someone told that the problem persists
on windows 7 using windows media player.
but for me that only use potplayer is a very big issue.
many websites rated potplayer as the best players!
its the perfected version of kmplayer without advertisements of km.
it supports many language in its interface and also many format of
audio and video files with great quality.
if nvda becomes unresponsive when openning and closing one file, when
you try many files this problem eventually happen with the next files.
here you are the link of downloading 32 version which works both on 32
and 64 bit windows.

the github requested me log file which i provided and wanted second
file which i was not familiar with temp files and could not send it.
here you are the link hope you use it and enjoy it!
http://daumpotplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/PotPlayerSetup.exe

its completely free and i provided the link from the program company.