Re: Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and the next RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

gene,
did you try potplayer to see that do you observe my problem too?
i realy wish thats fixed.
also, i am waiting for the comment of quentin in this regard.
did you test it quentin to see the result?

On 12/5/16, Governor staten <@Govsta> wrote:
VLC is accessible. It can do everything, and then some.

On 12/5/2016 9:57 AM, Gene wrote:
I saw your description of your problem here just a bit ago. As I
said, we don't know if this is an issue that is generally a problem or
just on your machine for some reason. We may or may not get enough
reports from other users to determine that.
As far as your dissatisfaction with other players is concerned,
discussing what you particularly like about PotPlayer may be useful.
It may allow you to get information from others about other players
that do what you want, assuming such players are accessible. Given
the wide variety of players, I wouldn't be surprised if there are.
On 2016-12-05 10:20, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi Nasrin,

Is Potplayer freely available? If so, do you have a URL please and I
will download and test it myself as well.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 5:48 PM, nasrin khaksar
<nasrinkhaksar3@... <mailto:nasrinkhaksar3@...>
<mailto:nasrinkhaksar3@...>> wrote:

hi quentin.
i decided to stay on 2015.3 for always because in the latest
versions
nvda has problems with potplayer and when i press alt+f4 nvda
when i
press start menu says unknown and its a big issue for me.
because i only use potplayer and when i open files, most of
times, i
should use alt+control+n to revert nvda to its normal working.
15.3 until 16.2 were more stable for me.
but since 16.2 and 3, sometimes nvda says nothing or becomes
completely silent.
in this case, i afraid of maybe my system is hacked or my windows
has
problems or not working properly.

github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues.6513its
<http://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues.6513its> for potplayer
and
some others
players and for the problem in espeak new version with farsi
punctuations
github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6514
<http://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6514>

but i realy love the new features of nvda including selection of
documents and impprovements in using firefox and now, i use 16.3
could you please solve the problem which i mentioned in 16.4
to use
it
without any issues?
thanks extremely quentin.
do you have skype account for further details and contact about
different subjects?

On 12/5/16, Gene <gsasner@... <mailto:gsasner@...>
<mailto:gsasner@...>>
wrote:
> I mainly use an old version because I don't use new NVDA
features, as I said
> before. But also, I prefer the old way of using what was
called
Flat
> Review. I prefer always being in screen review when I activate
review mode
> in the old version and the automatic return to object
navigation
when I
> switch to another window. I could get used to the new system
but since I
> don't need to, I don't bother.
>
> Also, I don't think there is any way to import the speech
dictionaries other
> then to actually copy and paste the files. I could do that
easily enough
> but I don't since I have no need. But I am reminded of
something regarding

<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
> Subject: Re: [nvda] Is any release prior to the latest stable
release, and
> the next RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease
>

> Hi Brian,
>

> Essentially only the latest stable (and currently as you noted,
RC) versions
> of NVDA are supported, in that if we fix a bug, that fix will
only go into a
> new build.
>

> Ideally, if someone is having a problem and finds that
reverting
to an
> earlier build resolves the issue, we'd very much prefer they
communicate
> that to us via a GitHub issue, or at least here on the list
or to
me
> personally so that we can endeavour to resolve it. The current
version
> should still work at least as far back as Windows XP (If anyone
is using
> Windows 98 or earlier, I'd be curious to hear your experiences
with NVDA
> just for my own interest if nothing else).
>

> Perhaps this thread might be a good place for anyone who is
using a version
> of NVDA prior to 2016.3, to share why that is? I can ensure
that
any issues

<@britechguy <mailto:@britechguy>
<mailto:@britechguy>> wrote:

> The subject pretty much asks it all.
>
> In topic after topic I see people saying that they're using
old, often
> really old, versions of NVDA. That is entirely their choice,
and I'm not
> questioning that.
>
> What I'd like to know is how many versions, if any, other
than
the latest
> stable release and the RC releases, are "officially" supported
by NVAccess.

> Knowing how much change occurs as releases roll out over time
I know it's
> impossible to keep supporting prior releases in perpetuity or
anything close
> to it. I also know that it generally makes no sense to try to
replicate a
> bug in a release different than the one it's been detected in
except as an
> effort to determine if it is a "carry forward" that was
previously
> undetected versus newly introduced.
>
> It's almost impossible to know "what's what" unless
individuals using NVDA
> are all using the latest stable version so far as issue
reporting goes.
> That's why, particularly for open-source software, I make it a
habit to
> religiously upgrade to the latest release whether I need the
latest "bells
> and whistles" or not. Unless there is some really buggy
release
(and I'm
> talking generally, not NVDA in particular) it just makes
everyone's lives

<http://www.nvaccess.org>
<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
> Twitter: @NVAccess