Re: Braille Display and NVDA

Antony Stone

Is this "protocol converter" a piece of software or hardware?

Can anyone provide a link to find more about these things?

Thanks,

Antony.

On Monday 05 December 2016 at 16:36:20, J.G wrote:

Hi,

Since I used An Alva Satellite product, I found, that the best solution is
NVDA and properly configured brltty version 4.x not 5. When I tried to use
a protocol converter, NVDA said "could not load a BC6 display."

I recommend you to buy a power cable and if you have not serial port on
your computer, buy a usb to serial converter and use brltty.

regards, Jo┼żef

p.s. if anyone find a solution on how to use a protocol converter with NVDA
it will be very appretiated.
--
Archaeologists have found a previously-unknown dinosaur which seems to have
had a very large vocabulary. They've named it Thesaurus.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.