Re: My NVDA Not Working Properly

how many percentage of the given voices are freeware?

No that is right. The problem is that many have had the licence over time,
so strictly some that were free are now no longer supposed to be available.

I suppose the main one people will still find on line is Via Voice from the

old IBM Home page reader. However this is as far as I'm aware sappi 4 and
only around in a limited number of us English voices in any case.

Its not strictly legal unless you had the original product, so its hard to
advise any further. We certainly do not suggest using it as the later
versions which also include some very nice new voices is value for money I
think. I myself am happy with Espeak and some of the \Microsoft voices and
some others that I have on a disc from Dolphin which are paid for and work

well.

None of those is classic Eloquence though. To me it sounds like a bloke with

a clothes peg on his nose, but I do understand some people find this very
easy to understand. Horses for courses and all that, but you won't get
anyone here to point you at a hacked version of it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-