From: Gene
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and the next RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

Also, what version of the player are you using?  My version had no menus and the screen was not readable.  If you are using an older version, accessibility may have changed.  If you are using a newer version, accessibility may have changed as well. I assumed I was using the latest version because I downloaded it from the site.  but your very different description of the program interface raises the question of which version you are using.  My version is 1.6.6385619.7.

Also, you said you tried various players and didn't like them.  if you explain why, you might find there are ways around what you didn't like or that you didn't know some commands that would make the programs much more friendly.  Even the positive review I read, which talked about many features of the program the reviewer liked, discussed features that would only be of interest to sighted users such as controling how subtitles are displayed and other visual features of the program.  The reviewer compared the program to VLC player, saying it did some things better but saying it was similar to VLC Player.  It is seldom the case that, in an area like this, with such a wide variety of programs that there is only one satisfactory program.

Also, there may be ways of getting more out of a program than you are aware of.  For example, there is an add on for Winamp available for use with NVDA which provides more functionality than is available without the program.