Re: My NVDA Not Working Properly

Dejan Ristic

Friend,

Your question is answered. Iven 3 is in the list where you find the Iven you have talked about. Hit I to switch between the Ivens. Try it as patiently as you can, but, if you cannot find it, then, report them as missing in your list, so that you may be given further help.

On 12/5/2016 9:05 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:
Yeah, I know that. I was specifically asking where the ivan3 voice was, because I only see 1 ivan voice, uneer the espeak ng synthesizer. You didn't answer my question.

hi

Under the voice settings section when you go into it under the barient
section it is a combo box open it up then arrow down the list to hear
the different varients there. the voices will change depending on the
synth package used.

I find my own voice Gene easy to listen 2.

Gene nz

On 6/12/2016 8:05 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:
I didn't know there was more than one ivan. I use ivan as well, but I
only saw one of them in the list of voices. This is using the espeak
ng. I like the ivan voice, where are the others so I may take a look
at them as well?

On 12/5/2016 2:29 AM, Dejan Ristic wrote:
Although you said that you did not understand ESpeak, what do you
think about using some of the variants it offers us? For instance, I
use Iven 3, which I find very clear. I have set the rate at 24. I do
not encounter any problems, probably because I use ESpeak, which I
find very quick and responsive. Try to get used to it. Your messages
say that your English is very good, so I think that you may get used
to it before long. Choose between the variants, and try different
rates to make it suitable for yourself. Let me also say that I used
ESpeak while doing some freelace translations from English to
Serbian, and vice versa. I was successful.

On 12/5/2016 5:28 AM, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:
Hi good people:
If you can recollect, I did send a message to this group about my NVDA
not working properly. I did get many responses, and I thank all of
you who found time to respond. I am sorry I mistakenly deleted the
digest mail sent to me, and I can not reply to the mail. But I
believe some of you might remember the mail.
Actually, I got a very good response from David. He made some
suggestions which I've tried. I discovered when I switched off NVDa
as he suggested, and I used the demo version of JAWS for Windows, that
the system worked very nicely, and fast.
I strongly believe that the problem must be from the synthesiser I am
using. Actually, I use Micro sofft speech AI4 which I use through
viavoice outloud. I appear to like the synthesiser, because it is
very clear and it sounds like eloquence. But it appears obsolete and
not very helpful.
I can't use the JAWS demo version, because it works in 40 minute mode,
and one cannot usee that when doing serious work on the computer.
I downloaded Microsoft speech version 11 but it couldn't be installed
on my system. I did it several times but it didn't work. i cannot
use ESpeak, because I don't understand the speech. I tried koba
speech as well, but the speech for that is also not very easy to
comprehend.
So, can anyone suggest another synthesiser. I use windows 7 32bit.
I am Ibrahim from Nigeria.

.

.