Re: about balabolka and nvda.

Hello,

Working with text from within Balabolka is not screen reader friendly. At least not when using NVDA.
But you can open a file (e.g. PDF) in Balabolka, select the whole text content with Control+A and copy it to the clipboard with Control+C. Note however, that NVDA will not report that you have selected any text. Then you can paste the copied text in some accessible text editor like Notepad, AkelPad, Notepad++, etc. and work with it from there.
Alternatively, after opening the file in Balabolka, you can save it to plain text file (*.txt) from menu File -> Save as in Balabolka and choose "Text File" from the "Save as type" combo box in the "Save as" dialog. Then you can opened the saved plain text (*.txt) file in any accessible plain text editor (Notepad, AkelPad, Notepad++, etc.) and work with it from there.
Note however, that Balabolka's text extraction methods don't preserve some formating information, including the page breaks and the pages get merged in one large file with in some cases no distinction between pages. In most cases however, there is at least one blank line between pages, so you'll be able to distinct them from one another.
Even with all those suggestions for workarounds however, I strongly suggest you to firstly try to open the PDF files in Acrobat Reader DC and work with the text from within it, before trying any other PDF viewer like Balabolka. Acrobat Reader DC is free and can be downloaded from Adobe's website. You can copy text from PDF files from Acrobat Reader DC, unless the PDF file in question is protected in a way that prevents text copying to work at all. But in such a case, I doubt that you be able to extract/copy text from such a PDF file even with another PDF viewer like Balabolka for example.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 20.3.2016 г. в 10:52, nasrin khaksar написа:

hi every one.
i realy appreciate you if someone help me to learn how to use
balabolka, select words lines pages and copy and peist my selection.
i need working with pdf documents and now the only solution for me is
balabolka.
because sumatra is not accessible until now.
thanks so much and god bless you.

I've had little luck with this software either, so don't think its just
you.

I suspect there is probably a distinct version which we have to use, but I
do not know which it is and where to get it!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-