Re: Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and thenext RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the version that Nasrin linked to, which was the same one Gene tried - version 1.6.6385619.7.

It doesn't have a traditional alt menu and you also can't tab around the main screen to read the information which is displayed visually.  However, you can get to the commands via the applications key, and there are keystrokes for most things, once you know what they are.

I tried it on both Windows 10 and Windows 7, and found that I could play MP3 files with it, pause and play again, and alt+f4 to close when I finished listening to a couple of songs, and everything seems fine?  I'm using NVDA 2016.4rc1  Actually I just realised I still had 2016.3 on the Windows 7 machine so I've gone back and tried with 2016.4rc1 and again, I couldn't reproduce the crash, even after listening to a few songs.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 9:11 AM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Hi, That is true,

Narrator, in win10 anniversary update, has enabled me to access controls that I could not access with JAWS or NVDA. I highly recommend that one learn how to use Narrator, because it is getting more and more powful in win10, and can do a few things that high-end screen readers cannot do. Think that you have three screen readerrs, Narrator, NVDA, and JAWS or Window eyes that you can use in demo mode.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10