Re: My NVDA Not Working Properly

iven3 is added to nvda since version 2013.2 of nvda and its the only
voice that i extremely love.

On 12/6/16, Dejan Ristic <r.dejan83@...> wrote:
All right then. It's been solved.

On 12/5/2016 11:53 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:
Ok, never mind, all three ivans are there, for some reason though,
ivan2 and ivan3 are much much higher on the list than the ivan
choice. That's why I didn't see them at first. It appears the
english-us and the english list are identical. Not sure why I missed
the ivan2 and ivan3 when I looked before. I have 52 voices in the
list of voices, ivan2 and ivan3 are numbers 10 and 11, while ivan is
number 48. Not sure why the regular ivan is so far away from ivan2
and ivan3, but that's what caused my confusion. Sorry for the trouble.

On 12/5/2016 5:07 PM, Dejan Ristic wrote:
Let me express myself once more, please,

I've just taken a look at the English US entry, and I find all the
three Ivens. What to say to that? Is it possible that our friend
member is encountering an error?

On 12/5/2016 11:01 PM, Dejan Ristic wrote:
Thank you for teaching me some new NVDA-related things.

I used to use Iven, and in order to prevent outbursts, I decreased
the volume level down to 40%, and it worked smoothly for me.

On 12/5/2016 10:42 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:
Ahh, I see. I only had a single ivan, because I was looking under
the english us. The 3 ivan voices are under the entry that just
says english. Now it makes sense. That was I was wondering where
the other ivan voices were, they don't show up under the english us
setting, only under the english by itself. Got it now. Think I'll
stick with the ivan I have, it's slightly louder than the other 2,
and slightly deeper, which I like very much.

Hi

If the E speak nz is the preferred synth package under the synth
settings, I only notice the varients come up under the voice settings
section. I just looked and saw all 3 ivon voices there. Even
though i am
using a windows 10 pc it should not matter.

There is about 40 or 50 voices or varients under that section.

If it is the sapi 5 version they might have to be installed if
they are
there.

if not what is mentioned above i have no idea.

I can tell you if you made extra varients where to put them, but
that is
not maybe you are asking about.

Gene nz

On 6/12/2016 9:05 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:
Yeah, I know that. I was specifically asking where the ivan3 voice
was, because I only see 1 ivan voice, uneer the espeak ng
synthesizer.
You didn't answer my question.

hi

Under the voice settings section when you go into it under the
barient
section it is a combo box open it up then arrow down the list to
hear
the different varients there. the voices will change depending
on the
synth package used.

I find my own voice Gene easy to listen 2.

Gene nz

On 6/12/2016 8:05 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:
I didn't know there was more than one ivan. I use ivan as
well, but I
only saw one of them in the list of voices. This is using the
espeak
ng. I like the ivan voice, where are the others so I may take a
look
at them as well?

On 12/5/2016 2:29 AM, Dejan Ristic wrote:
Although you said that you did not understand ESpeak, what do you
think about using some of the variants it offers us? For
instance, I
use Iven 3, which I find very clear. I have set the rate at
24. I do
not encounter any problems, probably because I use ESpeak,
which I
find very quick and responsive. Try to get used to it. Your
messages
say that your English is very good, so I think that you may
get used
to it before long. Choose between the variants, and try different
rates to make it suitable for yourself. Let me also say that I
used
ESpeak while doing some freelace translations from English to
Serbian, and vice versa. I was successful.

On 12/5/2016 5:28 AM, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:
Hi good people:
If you can recollect, I did send a message to this group
about my
NVDA
not working properly. I did get many responses, and I thank
all of
you who found time to respond. I am sorry I mistakenly
deleted the
digest mail sent to me, and I can not reply to the mail. But I
believe some of you might remember the mail.
Actually, I got a very good response from David. He made some
suggestions which I've tried. I discovered when I switched
off NVDa
as he suggested, and I used the demo version of JAWS for
Windows,
that
the system worked very nicely, and fast.
I strongly believe that the problem must be from the
synthesiser I am
using. Actually, I use Micro sofft speech AI4 which I use
through
viavoice outloud. I appear to like the synthesiser, because
it is
very clear and it sounds like eloquence. But it appears
obsolete and
not very helpful.
I can't use the JAWS demo version, because it works in 40 minute
mode,
and one cannot usee that when doing serious work on the
computer.
I downloaded Microsoft speech version 11 but it couldn't be
installed
on my system. I did it several times but it didn't work. i
cannot
use ESpeak, because I don't understand the speech. I tried koba
speech as well, but the speech for that is also not very easy to
comprehend.
So, can anyone suggest another synthesiser. I use windows 7
32bit.
I am Ibrahim from Nigeria.

.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.