Re: iTunes and NVDA.

ADRIAN POCOCK

If you are  using windows system invoke narrator to test out itunes to see if it crashes.

Also try it out with alternate media players because it could be a issue with audio codecs on your pc.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Clare Page
Sent: 12 September 2016 09:57
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] iTunes and NVDA.

Hi!

I would assume we’re all using different synthesizers. I personally find that iTunes crashes on my laptop, and can kill NVDA at the same time, if I try to do things too fast, for example searching for a song to buy while I’m downloading another. I don’t know if users of other screenreaders have the same crashing problem with iTunes that NVDA users do, but if they do that means there may be a fault with iTunes for Windows when used with screenreaders, rather than just NVDA not always being compatible. That’s my theory about iTunes, after several months of it sometimes crashing for me and sometimes not: I’d certainly be interested to know whether iTunes misbehaves with other screenreaders, something I can’t test as I only have NVDA on my PC.

Bye for now!

From Clare