Re: accidentally had the NVDA messages go to a different folder

Gene

You aren't out of options.  There are probably people who would work with you in real time by phone or Skipe or however you agree on.  I'm not sure what you are doing wrong.  As I recall from lookijg at Thunderbird years ago and a bit since, for moving mail to a folder, you open a combo box of folders.  Use alt down arrow, the standard way to open combo boxes.  Then up or down arrow to the folder you want and press enter.  That may be where you are doing something incorrectly.

Gene

Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accidentally had the NVDA messages go to a different folder

Hi, Quentin,

I'm thinking seriously of switching to a different email program. I tried everything from changing the choose folder to reading the mozilla help page. I don't know what else to do. I'm out of options. Whart email program do you use?

Thanks for trying to help though. I really do appreciate your help.

Rosemarie

Hi Rosemarie,

I must admit I don't currently have Thunderbird installed, but I found Mozilla's help page on working with filters for you: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters  It does say to click on this that and the other, so you will need to substitute for the keyboard as needed, but at least it tells you what controls you need to get to.  The main thing you need to change is the "Choose folder" drop down after the "Move message to" drop down.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

Hi, Quentin,

I'm using mozilla thunderbird as my email program. What would I change to move this message from the wrong list to the NVDA one?

Thanks.

Rosemarie

Hi Rosemarie,

If you follow the same steps as you used to create the filter or rule that moves the NVDA messages, you should get to the point just before creating a new rule, where instead you can move through the existing rules, select the NVDA one and edit it.  Then you can go through until you get to the option to choose the folder, and change it there.

The exact steps will depend on which e-mail program you are using.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
Hi, everyone,

I think I just figured out what happened. When I was trying to filter my messages to go to the NVDA folder, they accidentally went to a different folder of another list. How do I change this?

Rosemarie

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer