Re: Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and thenext RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

Antony Stone

What would be the advantage of running Windows XP inside a virtual machine,
for someone who still has hardware which is capable of running it natively?

Antony.

On Tuesday 06 December 2016 at 15:18:58, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

Freedom Scientific stopped supporting XP since version 16 of Jaws, so I
think it wouldn't be strange if some day in the future NV Access stops
supporting XP. As has been mentioned in this thread, XP is now unsupported
by Microsoft, and for day-to-day use I'd say Windows 7 or later is the
optimum choice. If you really want or have to use XP, you can either
install it in a virtual machine or use Windows XP mode, which I don't know
if it's still available to download.

I've been a long time XP users, but finally decided, around 6 years ago,
that I have to move on and upgrade to Windows 7 for better stability, and
today I found myself relying on many features in Windows 7 that weren't
available in XP.
--
I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

- Douglas Noel Adams

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.