Re: Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and thenext RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

Well, you get to enjoy the benefits of both OSes. Think of it this way, if you install Windows XP mode in Windows 7, and when you go into Windows XP and install anything, it shows up in the Windows 7 start menu so it's relatively easy to launch; although the catch is that I think XP mode is not available for the home editions of Windows 7, except for Windows 7 Ultimate. From my tests in the past, NVDA does work under XP mode.

In response to a message earlier, yes, free/open source software stopped supporting old versions of Windows later than paid ones, but eventually old versions of Windows will not be supported. Take Firefox, Mozilla stopped supporting Windows 2000 I think a year or 2-3 years after Windows 2000 became unsupported by Microsoft.