Re: Windows XP support was: RE: [nvda] Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and thenext RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

i dont use internet explorer and only i use firefox.
i read somewhere that xp is supported until 2019

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 07:07 am, nasrin khaksar wrote:

i wish that all my favorite programs support all operating systems and
i have freedom of my choice to select them.
This has never, ever been the case and never will be.  The moment an OS
developer officially ends active support for a given OS that means that
third-party support for applications for same will soon follow.

Given the number of really gross security holes in Windows XP that exist
only because it's no longer supported or patched I encourage anyone who's
continuing to use it to do nothing related to connecting to cyberspace or,
if they absolutely must do so, to be certain they are taking full system
image backups on a regular basis.

Windows XP is dead.  It runs on old hardware and will continue to do so, but
that doesn't make it a safe or viable option for computing in a world where
threats have kept on moving and official extended support for it ended
on April 8, 2014, after which it has received no ongoing support nor
security updates.

I am well aware that untold millions of people continue to use Windows XP.
I liked Windows XP immensely.  That doesn't mean that continuing to use
Windows XP unless you absolutely have no other option is a wise choice.  It
is absolutely playing with fire from a security standpoint and the last
Microsoft supported version of Internet Explorer that is available for it is
now blocked by a huge number of websites secondary to security concerns.

--
*Brian*

*Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If
you’re alive, it isn’t.*

   ~ Lauren Bacall
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is: