Re: Is any release prior to the latest stable release, and thenext RC release, officially supported? #NVDARelease

joseph, quentin and all nvda developers,
i remembered that i had jaws 11 on my old cd.
i installed its demo version without any problem with potplayer!
but my graphic card is distroyed and my resolution and colors are
decreased to the lowest level and i could not raise them.
because does not work without uninstallation of jaws!
one of other my friends who has xp, tested for me with nvda 2015.4 and jaws 15.
with jaws was not any problem, but with nvda the result was the same with mine!

On 12/6/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
jacob
yes i tested gomplayer before and i did not have this problem using it.

On 12/6/16, Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:
If I open 900+ tracks in playback on my win10 64 bit machine, it works
fine, and, unfortunately, don't have many tracks on the virtual windows
xp machine.

I opened up one full album - 11 tracks, and, could jump around in a
track with cursor keys, could jump between tracks using page up and
down, and, when hit alt+f4, it just closed, without any hassles.

Have you tried gomPlayer? I operates pretty much exactly the same as
this one, but, like said, with additional functionality, including
speeding up track playback speeds, while maintaining voice adjustment,
etc. etc. - I've been using it for a few years now as my primary, with
winamp as backup, but anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-12-06 14:10, nasrin khaksar wrote:
hi jacob.
thanks so much for helping me.

can you please test many files with potplayer?
eventually for me nvda is not responding and i dont know how to solve
this problem.

On 12/6/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi david and quentin.
i use xp and also i do all of my works with it.
i use internet, libreoffice, notepad, potplayer and one conversion
software.
i dont have the security programs because realy i dont trust them!

You're more of an expert on what works under XP than me Brian, that's
great
info!

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 8:18 PM, Brian's Mail list account <
bglists@...> wrote:

Well, as far as I am aware, the basic plan is to not break XP if it
is
at
all possible, but just occasionally this might not be possible as the
windows code changes.
Indeed at the moment xp portable versions of even the next snapshots
are
very good. Try running portable copies of nvda on, say windows 10 and
you
will find lots of things that no longer work due to the security of
that
operating system not allowing access to parts of windows from a
portable
app.
the big problem at present for those using XP is the web browser.
Depending on your processor, 50 is the last version I can get to work
on
xp
with intel processors, and 48 is the last one on xp with amd
processors.
This is due to the lack of sse2 instruction set support on the amd
chips.
Dropbox, no matter what Dropbox say, is working fine again on xp
intel
processors at version 15, though they do warn that this could change
as
its officially not supported. AMD chips last working version of
Dropbox
is
13, and one has to disable updates by nefarious means to keep it
working
on
such hardware.

The hack to continue to get xp updates is still working for MSSE, but
his
month no xp security updates came down. whether this means they have
blocked the loophole or just they have given up I cannot say.
I notice that Flash for IE8 is seemingly not being updated by Adobe,
but
seems to be working in Firefox 50 at the moment.
Adobe reader DC is not usable on XP and 11 is the last version.

I'm sure there are many other issues but that really depends on what
you
are doing.
Its gratifying to note that the hacked copy of Outlook express that
works
in 10 is still supported by nvda, and its only issue is that its
preview
pane has to be turned off or it will fall over sometimes.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-