Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2016 at 8:18 PM
From: Gene <gsasner@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Only speak pressed keyboard characters and nothing else
It isn't clear what you want.  Do you want the computer to continue to work with commands or type when you are in a word processor, but just announce letters and nothing such as what window you are in if you move from window to window?  There is nothing like that and it would be very difficult for people with a number of windows opened to function if the window you move to isn't announced.

NVDA does have a feature that will announce what keys are if you press them but the keys won't do anything.  This is to allow people to famaliarize themselves with commands and look for commands without the computer taking any actions.  It also announces letters and numbers and some other things.

The command is NVDA key 1 that is 1 on the main keyboard.

You can turn this command on and hold the insert key and press various functionkeys as well, such as f1, f2, etc. to see what they do.