Re: nvda rule not working in thunderbird

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I done a quick audio tutorial on how to create a basic filter in thunder
bird. The filter must be done on the inbox.

the other thing i done before setting up the filter was to create a
folder for the emails to go into. for example nvda emails

When the filter is set up and running all emails from the nvda list will
go into the nvda emails folder.

Because i had already made a filter for it to be done I couldive done it
through the context menu, then set it up.

That way will still take you back to the way shown in the audio tutorial
and the same steps as doing it through the tools then filter menu.

Also doing it through the menus which i show in the tutorial it will
give you a idea of where to look either to edit or remove a filter or
even create a new one.

I will put the audio tutorial on my accessible email client mozilla
thunder bird page in the next day or so. Plus there will be a please
note that the filter must be done on the inbox etc

Others might be interested in-doing the same thing so i will post a drop
box link here for others to listen 2.

The link to the tutorial is
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64177841/creating%20a%20basic%20filter%20in%20mozilla%20thunder%20bird.MP3

The steps are the same whether you use the context menu and go in that
way or do it through the tools then filter menu.

Gene nz

Hi, everyone,

I have all the other rules set up ok but the one for the NVDA list
isn't working. Last night I was up almost until midnight trying to
correct the mistake I made. I tried everything I could think of to
make thunderbird put the NVDA messages in the correct folder. I don't
know what to do anymore. I'm having to move everything to that folder.
What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie