Re: NVDA repeating itself

Quentin Christensen

That could be why mine is working differently.  I take it NVDA didn't keep repeating the current icon before 2016.4rc1?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
I don't require a password to open windows.  So when returning from sleep I am placed on the desktop.

Are you using the lock screen / logging in to your account?

On mine when I just tried exactly what you did (alt+f4 from the desktop,
choose sleep, let it go to sleep, close the lid, open the lid), it comes
up to the lock screen - although it didn't always announce anything.
When I logged in, it announced "pane" twice but that was all.  So I got
a couple of little gremlins, but different ones to you.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Don H <lmddh50@...
<mailto:lmddh50@...>> wrote:

    Running NVDA RC1 on a Win 10 laptop.  When I close the laptop I
    normally first hit Alt F4 and then select sleep, let it go to sleep
    then shut the lid.  When I open the laptop later thus returning from
    sleep NVDA keeps repeating the name of the Icon in focus over and
    over.  Is this expected behavior?
    As I have already said as a newbee I am quite impressed by NVDA.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 <tel:%2B61%207%203149%203306>
Direct: +61 413 904 383
Twitter: @NVAccess

--

www.nvaccess.org